Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 25, 2008

How Shall I Finish the Frog Prince?


I have had a great time creating a Frog Prince art doll this week. He looks so romantic and regal in his royal jacket and crown! I have long been enamoured with the fairy tale of the frog prince, and after reading the "Tales of the Frog Princess" trilogy by E.D. Baker, I fell in love all over again. I highly recommend this series for anyone with a 3rd to 5th grade child.




So what to do with the Frog prince? He has a little sign that says "Free Kisses" which will be hanging near him. I want to create some type of dwelling for him to sit in. It could be a mossy den or maybe a regal throne. Should he have a scepter, or some other accessory? Maybe a pet dragonfly?


I need some help on this one. Leave me a comment with your feedback and if I use your idea I will send you an aceo of the final piece!


8 comments:

Erika said...

How wonderful! He looks great. I like the idea of an opulent throne and scepter.

Flights of Whimzy said...

He is really grand! I think he should be lounging on a lily pad.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I think a scepter is a must have...and then maybe a cute Lilypad style throne?

SpiritMama said...

All very good ideas, thanks!

ReneeBuchananArt said...

It is hard to imagine improving him! He is already WONDERFUL!

I think he should be sitting in a recliner with a remote in one hand and a beer in the other... no wait... that's MY husband...er prince charming....

Can't wait to see him finished!

Renee :)

ReneeBuchananArt said...

Oh, P.S., I've tagged you on my Funky Folky blog :) Sorry! I always hate to break the "chain!" It is one of my many weaknesses!

Renee ;)

SpiritMama said...

Flickr comment:
gom6699 says:
uhmmmm....may I kiss him while you decide how to display him??? :-) what about an ancient looking wooden stool with high back?
Leila

SpiritMama said...

flickr comment:
tejaesart says:
awesome. I think he's quite regal in a hugh hefner kind of way!! lol

I like the throne, or maybe he's a new king and still playful, you could perch him on a royal swing! :)