Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Frog Prince Has a Throne





I have finished the Frog Prince and if you followed my blog from a few days ago, I have a winner to announce. I'll get to that in a minute!



Thanks to everyone who contributed to the finishing ideas! It was so much fun to play around with the possibilities. I chose to do a wood throne made from polymer clay. I stamped and antiqued brown clay with turquoise acrylic paint. I sealed the paint with a non toxic glaze. The rhinestones in the throne, as well as the crystal tip of the scepter came from The Pear Project on etsy. The cushion is purple velvet with an antique button in the center and pink silky trim.



I also gave him a scepter made from bamboo, vintage lucite beads, art beedz, and vintage gold beads. The scepter is attached to his hand with "mini hold", which is a tacky removable goo made for holding miniatures in place. Frog Prince is poseable with bendy arms and legs, but be careful, his fingers and toes are fragile!


And now for the ACEO the winner, it happens to be winners because there were two!



1. Tote-N-Tots wins for suggesting "an opulent throne and scepter."


2. Leila from flickr wins for suggesting "an ancient looking wooden stool with high back".


4 comments:

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

That came out great!

storybeader said...

great looking frog - so regal. And now I see, that's his throne. What a cutie!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Congrats to the winners! I love the final project :)

Erika said...

Thanks.
The final project looks great!