Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm Back!

I'm home after a wonderful month at my parent's home Lake Okoboji, Iowa!

This is the first time I've tried going on "vacation" and bringing my artwork with me. I did not close down my Etsy shop, instead I brought all of my clay, my tools, and my pasta roller (for clay) and I set up shop on a little table where I could look out a massive picture window at the beautiful lake.

Next to my table I set up a nice big play area for baby G, full of fantastic toys and treasures my mom found at garage sales before we arrived, and he played and played and played.

So was I productive on my "vacation"? Here is what I did while away:



On the left is a 6" wedding cake topper with calla lilies and hydrangea on the base, and calla lilies and bells of Ireland in the bouquet. The wedding colors are silver and deep purple. Those hydrangea flowers took forever, and I love the result.

On the right is a 5" wedding caker topper (that was supposed to be 4 inches) with colors turquoise and red. The flowers are red roses, of course, and the bouquet has some white accent flowers. Aren't these great wedding colors? The turquoise really stands out.

I was so excited to have these two orders back to back so that I could get a picture of the 6" sock monkey wedding cake topper next to the 4" topper, but oops, after making the 6" topper, my internal scale was set high and I made the 4" topper 5 inches!!! The bride didn't seem to mind.





I made two of these little princess ballerina monkeys in Iowa. The first one was an Etsy order. I had it finished and my neighbor walked in with her 10 month old little girl and said she had to have one for her little princess' party. So I made another one for her. I LOVE this birthday cake topper!!!

I also made:
A birthday monkey gone bananas,



and a happy little turquoise and yellow party monkey.

Whew, that's a lot of monkeys!!!





1 comment:

Christine said...

These are so cute! Whenever I think of sock monkeys you come to mind:)
Hope all is going great!