Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 24, 2009

Tip for Polymer Clay



I'm so excited to share this little tip. I was at a going out of business sale at a little local food store, and I found the most amazing tool. It is called a bench scraper or pastry scraper and is normally used for cutting pastry dough and cleaning work surfaces. It was marked "50 cents" so I picked it up and put it in my cart, not knowing what a treasure I had just acquired.




Later the same day I had some clay to roll out in my pasta machine. I looked at my new tool and realized it would be perfect for first chopping my clay into nice manageable slivers before rolling it out. This worked like a charm! Then I used it to cut long slices of rolled clay, to clean my pasta roller, and to scrape clay off my work surface.


I have used my bench scraper daily since I got it, and now I think I need two, one for cleaning surfaces, and one for cutting clay. If you work with polymer clay, you must get one, or two. They cost under $10.00 new, and in my book, they are priceless!

1 comment:

3rdEyeMuse said...

... and they look pretty cool, too. :)

congrats on finding a wonderful new tool ... I love that feeling.