Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Toy Story Inspired Character Sculptures

I have had a group of Toy Story collectors asking me to make 3-D reproductions of various Toy Story characters over the last 18 months.  Making 3-D reproductions of computer animated toys is not my favorite thing to do, but I have continued to do it because these collectors are VERY persistent and some of the characters are a lot of fun.  They have all posed challenges, and some were not fun at all to sculpt. All of them take a lot of time (usually way more time than I expected). Overall I think I am a better artist now because of this work, and ultimately that is the most valuable thing I have received from doing these sculptures.  Here are a few of the Toy Story characters I've reproduced:

Bo Peep's 3 Headed Sheep-
This is one of my favorites.  I just love the character of the sheep's faces.



Little Bo Peep- She was one of my most difficult sculptures.  Everything is so detailed on her, and I was SO HAPPY the day she was finished!


Chuckles the Clown-  This one was actually pretty fun.  He has a soft body with sculpted head, hands and feet.  I love sculpting clowns.



Hockey Puck-  This is an obscure character from the first Toy Story movie.


These are just a few of the many I have made.  I'll post again soon with some more images of Toy Story Characters.

Thanks for stopping by!
Waxela 
aka SpiritMama
XOXO

No comments: