Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day of the Dead Art "Viva La Vida"

I have so much fun making Day of the Dead sculptures, so I decided to try a framed relief sculpture.

 
"Viva La Vida" is a relief portrait of a skeleton couple in celebration of "Dia de los Muertos", or "Day of the Dead". It can be hung all year or just saved for that special time of year. 

 "Viva La Vida" means 'Live Life' or 'Live The Life', and is an expression used to celebrate life.


 If your space is craving a little color, this framed art piece will spice it up! It is a 5x7 frame, which measures 6.5" x 8.5" total. The characters are sculpted from polymer clay. The frame is turquoise and from Ikea.


I can do custom made portraits of couples, families, and pets. Just write to ask me for a quote.  This piece is available here.  See my shop for more fun art!

Thanks for stopping by!

Waxela (wa-shay-la)

No comments: